Take an enchanting journey into a glittering wonderland with Christmas at Kew at the Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew.
The popular after-dark Christmas event returns with its mile-long trail through the famous botanic gardens, lit up with more than 1 million lights.
Get together with family and friends and follow the illuminated path around the gardens, enjoy live performances, and be treated to immersive installations and spectacular displays.
Highlights of Christmas at Kew 2018
• Encounter hundreds of moving lights with the Field of Light, as you head towards the Great Pagoda.
• Venture into the Laser Garden, where darting beams of light illuminate mature trees.
• Gaze at 300 sparkling origami boats floating on the lake.
• Discover a magical trail featuring firework trees lit up with bright colours, an Instagram-worthy walkway filled with ribbons of light, and the 100m-long (328m) Cathedral of Light tunnel.
• Be mesmerised by flickering flames from sculptures in the fire garden.
• Enjoy a drink beneath a dome made from tubular lights.
• Marvel at The Great Broad Walk Borders, which are surrounded by illuminated benches and 11m-high (36ft) flower sculptures.
• See a spectacular light, music and water display in front of the iconic Palm House.
• Take the little ones to catch a glimpse of Santa and his elves along the trail, and enjoy vintage fairground rides.
• Indulge in delicious Christmas treats and warming winter drinks at the end of the trail.
Prices and Opening Times
|Adult ticket:||£16.50 to £23.50 (USD21.70 - USD30.91) per ticket|
|Child ticket (4 to 16 years old):||£10.00 to £15.00 (USD13.15 - USD19.73) per ticket|
|Family ticket (2 adults and 2 children):||£48.00 to £70.00 (USD63.14 - USD92.08) per ticket|
Children under 4 years old receive free admission, but still require a ticket.
Vintage fairground rides have an additional cost of £3 per ride.
Christmas at Kew is accessible via pre-booked, timed entries from 5pm to 10pm.
Last admission is at 7.40pm via Brentford Gate and at 8pm via Victoria Gate.
Venue Details & Map
- +44 (0)20 8332 5655
- Public transport:
- Tube and London Overground: Kew Gardens Train: Kew Bridge